You can refer the following treatment categories to us for management:
- For particularly anxious and nervous patients, we have a dedicated sedation unit
- From the start we have always been a referral centre for extractions and restorative dentistry performed with minimum fuss and maximum care and sensitivity
- We offer a high degree of expertise in the placing of dental implants
- We offer a range of cosmetic dental treatments.
Your patients will benefit from quick access to experienced clinicians for consultation and treatment. As their referring dentist, you benefit from ease of referral, with a pre-paid addressed envelope and referral form that you will find in your referrers’ pack.
We do accept NHS-exempt or independent private patients for treatment.
Print or download our referral forms here:
Our dedicated oral surgery team regularly treat over 3000 patients per year in our purpose built conscious sedation theatre and recovery suite.
Minor oral surgery
These would be smaller operations, including removal of wisdom teeth, impacted teeth and severely broken-down teeth, as well as apicectomies, biopsies and other procedures:
- Third molar removal
- Simple and surgical extractions
- Apical surgery
- Pre-implant bone augmentation/grafting.
We maintain a dedicated Sedation Unit with two experienced, medically-qualified sedationists on hand to provide intravenous conscious sedation for nervous patients. IV sedation is both safe and effective when administered by a trained professional.
We sometimes use oral sedation to allay mild patient anxiety. In reality, oral sedation used for dentistry maintains a level of consciousness in the patient for safety and cooperation. Most dental treatments still require a local anesthetic injected in the mouth, even when sedation techniques are performed. We administer this injection after your patient is already sedated and comfortable, and thus unlikely to be bothered by the sensation.
With over 6800 referrals a year, we are experienced in providing care for anxious and nervous patients.
For your patients, our expert implant surgeons can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or even all teeth.
The straightforward process involves:
- Initial consultation
- A full assessment, including any x-rays or CT scans that may be required
- The creation of models from impressions of the existing teeth. From these we make a mock-up that shows the patient how they will look
- A return to the clinic for a single day. This is when we place the implants and fit the new teeth as an initial temporary fixed restoration on a newly-constructed acrylic denture template
- Three months later, when your patient’s gums have settled and implants have integrated into the bone, we fit the definitive final set of teeth without any need for further surgery.